There are many conditions where a patient may require supplemented oxygen, for example, dyspnoea, shock, sepsis, SIRs and head trauma.
This 45 minute online vet nurse CPD tutorial will cover:
- Definitions and causes for hypoxaemia and hypoxia.
- Methods of oxygen delivery both non-invasive and invasive
- Comparison of techniques with reference to the fractional inspired oxygen concentration (FiO2) that they provide to the patient, the needs of the patient, patient compliance, patient size, degree of hypoxaemia, anticipated duration of delivery, skill and equipment available.
- Humidification of Oxygen
- Oxygen Toxicity
- Other Complications of Oxygen Therapy
- Assessment of Oxygenation and Ventilation